If you're anything like ILFA, you leave your holiday shopping until the last minute. Thankfully, there are loads of great places to stop along the Avenue and nearby to find something unique for everyone on your list (and support some great local merchants in the process). In no particular order:
- The Built in Brooklyn Craft Fair returns to LaunchPad from 12-6pm tomorrow. It's always a great time, and there are a wide range of great things to choose from.
- The good people at Calabar Imports have a great range of things, and their owner even said some nice things about ILFA in DNAInfo's profile. The least I can do is return the shoutout, and it's a great place! Swing by.
- There's not too much distance between Owl & Thistle General Store and Stork, and ILFA relies on both for gifts (they're also both right across the street from Built in Brooklyn, and both stock a wide range of locally-produced stuff).
- Barbara Campell NYC makes a range of lovely handmade jewelry (she also does hair!) right here on Bergen in Crown Heights. The lady met her the other day and was impressed (came straight home and told me to blog it. Yes ma'am.).
- Park Delicatessen has sent along a range of great photos and ideas. Check 'em out here (and over on Classon, too).
I'm sure there are places I'm missing. If you're partial to a local business for your holiday shopping, post a link here!